Too busy to read our whole website? Here’s everything you need to know in 90 SECONDS or LESS

4 HTM Masters Alumni Tell How Their Investment Paid Off

April 25, 2017

The Hospitality & Tourism Management (HTM) Master’s Program at San Diego State University is much more than a graduate degree. It is an investment in your career and life. Our alumni pave their own paths to individual and collaborative success, often going on to hold leadership positions with the world’s most recognized hospitality and tourism brands. But don’t take it from us; here’s what four HTM grads have to say about their investment in the program.

Tyler Martin

Regional General Manager, The Brigantine Family of Restaurants

“The HTM Master’s Program helped me redevelop and reinvent my approach to being a leader. In addition to learning new leadership philosophies, I realized that there were so many aspects and practices I had forgotten about. It made me frequently ask myself, ‘When and why did I ever stop doing that?’ In essence, the program added fuel to the fire that I have for the hospitality industry.”

Trisha Blake

Chief Strategist / Managing Partner, Minus Ego

“HTM elevated my professional thinking, which allowed me to view the world from a different perspective. The master’s program developed my leadership skills and encouraged me to strive for growth. Since my time at HTM, I have started my own business, specializing in marketing and advertising for the hospitality category. In less than a year, I have worked with big brands such as Wynn Resorts, UFC, and LAX.”

Todd Renner

Executive Chef / General Manager, Tender Greens Downtown San Francisco

“My master’s degree has paid off in that it offers me a greater perspective while working in my restaurant. Not only am I able to collaborate with other chefs, I am also just as comfortable working closely with the finance department, training and development team, and operations manager. This has been invaluable in terms of being recognized and promoted.”

Tracy Judge

Senior Director, Meetings + Incentives, Cadence Travel

“Applying for the HTM Master’s program is one of the best decisions I have made in my life. The education I received and contacts I made during the program led to significant career growth. I started the program as a sourcing manager for a meetings and incentives company. Two years after graduation, I am leading the M&I division for Cadence Meetings + Incentive Travel, a division of Cadence Travel. My responsibilities include P&L management and leading a team of 14 employees supporting sales, account management, and program operations. My leadership growth would not have been possible without the self-discovery and encouragement from the HTM Master’s Program.

Is the HTM Master’s Program right for you? Click here to find out in 90 seconds or less.

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for articles from industry leading experts