What is your involvement in the program?
- Focused on student success
- Recruiting prospective students and guiding them through the admission requirements
- Helping students with registration, financial aid, scholarships, and guiding through university processes.
- Coordinate mentoring program
What is your background?
I studied behavioral science and wanted to be a social worker, but was drawn to serving people in a more positive environment. I have always enjoyed being a front-line worker in hotels, restaurants and administrative roles. I have worked for Starwood for the last 15 years and continue to thrive on the energy of the guests and the team.
What do you like most about the program?
I like seeing people grow both professionally and personally. Each person comes into the program with unique goals, strengths and experience and they come out stronger and more focused.
5 Fun Facts About Candy
- I am the biggest fan of 2 teenage daughters in all sports, school, and creative interests.
- I have 3 very large lapdogs
- I love to grow things my family can eat.
- I enjoy cooking and baking, especially bread baking. Rarely do I make anything the same way twice.
- I have an interest in genealogy and exploring roots through stories, photos, historical documents and travel.